Close call in the dressing room

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Make that 23 minutes, time is flying but not that fast.

:lol:some threads should NEVER die!

Great thread, long read LOL.

My son (16) just did his OW. While he was in the middle of his course, we went into the LDS he was taking the course from to get him his own wetsuit (7 full + shorty).

"What did they rent you"
"I dunno"
"Was it a medium?"
"I think so"
"OK, bring him a medium"

1/4 hour later, he is sweaty, he is tired, and he still hasn't managed to get the suit on. He had even swallowed his pride and asked for my help. Finally we give up. Another 10 minutes to get it off.

So finally we ask the staff member helping us to check the size they had rented him (that fit fine).

Whoops. ML.

Dad wasn't very popular.

Oh my gosh - reading the latest of these makes me laugh so much! Thank you! We live in the midwest and if we want to dive locally we are going to have to wear our 8/7 hooded semi-dry suits. Truthfully, I complain a lot about viz and the cold water of lakes and quarries, but I wonder how much of my avoidance is due to having to dance and squirm into my suit. When the "task loading" begins a week before you hit the water it tends to make for an interesting dive! "Should I use cream rinse or powder? Panty hose or trash bags?" LOLOL!!!

Some wetsuits are certainly solo capable. But those darn "semi-dry" suits need to have a partner with purchase!

I looked at one of those but the more I looked the more it appeared you had to get greased up and jump off an 8' ladder. And hope you don't miss. I figured that was way too much trouble and having to cut my way out of it seemed like an expensive form of exposure protection. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom