Close call for 2 divers with GW shark

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post---glad all are well--------

Wow, great story. I'm glad you're OK.

Last edited:
That thing looked HUGE! Well think of it this way, no one can challenge your cojones ever again :wink:...it's fantastic you got so much footage of the shark!

Holy f***ng sh****t!!!!!!

Glad you and your friend are alive and well. Great story.

Out of curiosity, anybody knows what would've been the best option for the father on the boat? What can be done to scare away a great white?

I'd have taken my chances with the bends, too. Glad you guys all came out okay.

That right there is a reason every boat owner should keep oxygen on board.

I am so glad you guys are OK, what an amazing experience. I shared the story and the video with a non-diving co-worker and she asked if I would dive there knowing this happened, I said sure, and I would want to dive with those two guys, because the chances they run into a GWS in the same location is probably pretty slim to none.
You aren't giving up diving, are you?

A bit of confusion here. I only passed on the story.

It was not me personally who was involved in this incident. I dont know the people involved, just thought it was a good story to share.:popcorn:

Guess I should have used quotation marks ..

Wow:shocked2: first of all I'm glad that both of you are alive, what an experience, thanks for sharing.

Yeah it was an amazing story, and I'm glad that the two divers survived, but I think the important thing in here is to decide what is the best course of action here? I mean, they all survived so whatever they did worked for them, but if it were you, on the boat, or in the water (either beeing the one with or without the speargun), what would you do?

As a diver would you go down again, stay still, hurry up? (I have the idea that a shark attack is less probable underwater than on the surface).

Is there some kind of expert on shark behaviour that can tell what is best/worst to do?

Back
Top Bottom