clipping off Soft goodman handle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
Does any body have some tips on how to tie a boltsnap or double ender to a hollis led 15? I see how people use a thumb loop and the large double ender to clip off a 21 watt HID with a hard goodman handle but the lighthead on the hollis is much shorter without the hid ballast.

My Salvo Rebel had the same issue. I eventually went to a hard goodman but before that I tied the boltsnap to the cord as close to the connecter on the light head as possible when using the soft handle. Ideal? Maybe not. But used it like this for over two years with no issues. The other option as I look at the soft handle sitting here on the bench is to get the dremel, drill, or drill press fired up and make a hole near the edge. Does not have to be big. Just enough for a couple loops of cave line to pass through. Make sure if you do this that you clean the edges up good.

Looking at this pic I'd tie the snap using cave line around the big delrin groove at the back of the light head body. Should work just fine.
Hollis Gear

Not sure if I understand your problem but I would tie a short piece of bungee to make a hoop about 1.5 inch in diameter. Then tie this hoop onto the groove just behind the main body using a piece of cave line. It is the groove just behind the word LED 15. The cave line loops around the groove and through the bungee hoop a couple of time. When clipping off the light head, using the double ender that hanging off your right shoulder D-ring and clip onto the bungee hoop.

I figured out I can run 1/8 bungie from the elastic slot over the top for the thumb loops, now I need to get a smaller double ender to connect to the groove at the back of the lightheaded. Jim it looks like I can get a hard goodman handle for 30$ that will fit the light. Why do you prefer one handle type vs the other?

My Salvo Rebel had the same issue. I eventually went to a hard goodman but before that I tied the boltsnap to the cord as close to the connecter on the light head as possible when using the soft handle. Ideal? Maybe not. But used it like this for over two years with no issues. The other option as I look at the soft handle sitting here on the bench is to get the dremel, drill, or drill press fired up and make a hole near the edge. Does not have to be big. Just enough for a couple loops of cave line to pass through. Make sure if you do this that you clean the edges up good.

Looking at this pic I'd tie the snap using cave line around the big delrin groove at the back of the light head body. Should work just fine.
Hollis Gear

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom