clipping "octo" on BP/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tied a loop of bungee through the plastic weightbelt buckle that I use to hold my can light on. When I needed to switch to a "rec" setup for classes I would put the buckle on without the can and put the mouthpiece through the loop. If doing night dive "rec" style for classes the buckle was enough out of the way of the can to still secure the octo to as well. If I was diving my normal config I would simply tuck the loop up between the buckle and webbing so it was out of the way.

The problem with clipping the octo high is it's hard to see and hard to replace in case it gets pulled out.

What attachment are you using? I don't find it hard at all.
Try the bungee loop. If you don't have bungee use a hair tie just to get a feel before you buy a few feet.

As for seeing it, if you have your D-rings at or below your clavicle then it isn't a problem. With most stock BC's your D-rings tend to be above your clavicle making it hard to see an attached octo.

Thanks for all your replies. Looks like right shoulder D ring it is and I like the idea of "doubling" the hose. I'll switch hoses back and have a play. Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom