Clearwater Lake Mo.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagreg

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering has anyone on this forum dove Clearwater lake in Missouri. I've heard it's real clear but pretty shallow also. I don't know if this is true or not. Any info would be a big help. I'm always trying to find new places not so far away to dive.

Where is that Greg?

I'll ask around, but I haven't heard of Clearwater before.

I checked with an instructor friend in Lebanon and she said don’t waste your time. She wasn’t impressed with the vis and preferred to go to some of the quarries around Rolla than all the way to Piedmont.

I think someone just posted on this. They said vis was good at the surface but after 5-10 feet it dropped to near zero. The clearwater in the name is from when it was a river not the lake. Kind of misleading.

cmcarver:
I think someone just posted on this. They said vis was good at the surface but after 5-10 feet it dropped to near zero. The clearwater in the name is from when it was a river not the lake. Kind of misleading.

Yep. I dived it this Monday. Max depth by the dam is 40 ft. Viz is about 4 to 6 inches once you're at depth. It looks clear in the shallow river and for the first 5-10 feet of descent in the lake.

And nothing to see. Just a mud-bottom silty lake bed.

But it was warm! 83 F.

theskull

Thank you all for the info. It helps. I guess myself and my team will not dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom