Clearing a steamed up mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, for a mask you need to have your buddy pee on it.
I tell my wife you told her to do that.:rofl3:
She might be thinking I've developed a fetish.--Its bad enough that I now like wearing tight fitting rubber suits without hitting her with that kinda suggestion :)

But seriously folks thanks for the suggestions.I'm wondering if the breathing out the nose bit might just be a darn good point. The actual glass of the mask is bigger than my main mask so its something to concider.
I'll try the ideas you guys suggested though. I'd rather not have to buy another mask just for a spare.

I have used this Sea Buff on both of my masks. I do it prior to a trip to remove anything that may have gotten on the lens while being stored. I also use this Sea Gold prior to every dive. It is a gel and is kind of strange after using the drops but it works better for me. I put it on prior to the dive and let it dry for a few minutes. Then rise prior to splash and have never had a problem with fog on either of my masks.

I have used this Sea Buff on both of my masks. I do it prior to a trip to remove anything that may have gotten on the lens while being stored. I also use this Sea Gold prior to every dive. It is a gel and is kind of strange after using the drops but it works better for me. I put it on prior to the dive and let it dry for a few minutes. Then rise prior to splash and have never had a problem with fog on either of my masks.

I agree that the Sea Gold gel is the best anti-fog.

Adam

Yes, for a mask you need to have your buddy pee on it.

Hopefully not while wearing it :shocked2:

Hopefully not while wearing it :shocked2:

Wouldn't a full face or a fishbowl be better for that?:D

I usually dunk my head underwater a few times before I put my mask on and descend. The temperature difference of your face compared to the water outside can cause fog. If you cool your face and head off in the water before putting it on, you get less fog. Works for me anyway. Then I use saliva mostly as my defogger. I have defogger, but saliva works better for me. If I still get some fog, I use the water in the mask swished around trick. It sounds almost as if you haven't gotten all of the film off too.

Back
Top Bottom