Clear Water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know of any relatively clear water diving close to DFW? I am looking for somewhere new to teach students at other than Aquarena Springs. I was interested in Barton Springs and Salado springs and Hamilton Pool but I don't know much about them. Any advice?

All I know of are Athens and Clear springs scuba park but I couldn't tell you about how clear they are. CSSP wasn't that clear when I went a month back but its a good place to go

Diving is even more restricted at Barton Springs than at Spring Lake. Hamilton's Pool is generally pretty muddy.

why not teach them in cssp? Better to learn in the water they will be diving in I would think. Might need to keep groups smaller for more control and maybe bring a DM..but would be better for students.

Balmorhea State Park in west Texas. It is an 8 hour drive but crystal clear and around 70 degrees year round in the water.

Clear Springs Scuba Park is a pretty good place to dive, especially because of the location to DFW. The early you get there the better as far as vis goes. Later in the day it does get a little cloudy because of all the divers.

Diving is even more restricted at Barton Springs than at Spring Lake. Hamilton's Pool is generally pretty muddy.

Besides being restricted, it's friggin cold, heh, 68 degrees year round (felt even a little colder than that to me in the middle where the spring comes up when I was swimming there).

Sometime after I get my cert, I may have to find a buddy or three to make the trek out to Balmorhea. It definitely sounds interesting.

why not teach them in cssp? Better to learn in the water they will be diving in I would think. Might need to keep groups smaller for more control and maybe bring a DM..but would be better for students.
I was looking for somewhere to use in the winter, that's why I wanted a spring...for the constant water temp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom