clear skirt mask turning yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny - mines over 10 years and pee-coloured. Ditto most the people I dive with. (their masks that is, not them..)

I guess damselfish may have a point - it depends how its stored.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Even though my mask was not yellowed after all that time, the silicone was starting to stiffen up a bit, don't know if that was time or sun. Didn't seal as well anymore which is why I finally got a shiny new one. :D

I clean the masks well and put a little silicone gel on them after trips and haven't seen any yellow yet. I do store them away from rubber, but not necessarily in their boxes.

I have 2 Scubapro masks with clear skirts that look new. they're 3 years old now. I have a Dacor that's coloring some, it's maybe 6 years old. All 3 are stored in a mask box.

Of course, with my black masks it's not even a passing thought :wink:

Wayward Son:
I have 2 Scubapro masks with clear skirts that look new. they're 3 years old now. I have a Dacor that's coloring some, it's maybe 6 years old. All 3 are stored in a mask box.

Of course, with my black masks it's not even a passing thought :wink:

HAH! They're still clear because you use your black one all the time and they never get out of the box.
My black one is getting gray though....maybe it's just dirt.

Only got the black ones a few months ago though. The Dacor is the least used of them all but it's the one that's discoloring.

Back
Top Bottom