clear skirt mask turning yellow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Punisher

Registered
Reaction score
I just picked up a new mask scubapro crystal vu clear skirt my last mask skirt turned all yellow and have heard different things from leaving your gear together with my rubber fins will do this. I thought it was caused by time. Is there any care you can do to prevent this from happening. I was going to pick up a black skirt one so I would not have to deal with this. I was looking at the US Divers Maui mask but did not hear anything on it and wanted to stick with scubapro any info would be great thanks

Sunlight also will yellow your mask skirt. Now you look more like an old salt, be thankful.

it could just be yellowing from age, sunlight, etc... or it could just need some cleaning. try scrubbing it down w/toothpaste as you would your lenses. rinse and repeat....

Can't stop it, must embrace it or go black.

It's not caused by time and it's not inevitable. I kept my last mask in it's box away from any rubber stuff for over 10 years and the skirt stayed clear.

Yellowed masks are great - they will make you look like a seasoned pro and cut back on annoying glare.

Clear mask skirts yellow slowly with time - a fact that allows you to estimate how long the diver opposite you on the boat has been diving.

Nothing screams 'Newbie' more than a clear transparent mask and shiny new dive gear.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Yellowed masks are great - they will make you look like a seasoned pro and cut back on annoying glare.

Clear mask skirts yellow slowly with time - a fact that allows you to estimate how long the diver opposite you on the boat has been diving.

Nothing screams 'Newbie' more than a clear transparent mask and shiny new dive gear.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Not true have been diving for ten years and no I have a shiny new mask

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom