Clear or black...what do you think?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP....you rock buddy thanks for that info! Funny thing is those were the 2 masks I was tossed up between. Glad I went with the Atomic.

Hey Fourseventeen,

Sorry I'm late to the party, but CaveAdventurers has the OMS ICU low volume black skirt masks for under $20. Check them out. I just bought three of them, a new one for myself and each of my boys. Great fit and good vis.

Good luck and enjoy your trip,

Mike

Black won't show all the nasal issues. You don't notice the mold, mildew and anything else that grows on dive gear here in Fl. Less light coming in from the sides is less distracting when I'm looking at the video screen. Black tends to help with focus when spear fishing. Clear will get cloudy looking with time. Black will always look black.

Hey Fourseventeen,

Sorry I'm late to the party, but CaveAdventurers has the OMS ICU low volume black skirt masks for under $20. Check them out. I just bought three of them, a new one for myself and each of my boys. Great fit and good vis.

Good luck and enjoy your trip,

Mike

Not to jack the thread but the OP seems to have made his decision. How are the OMS masks? Some reveiws claim that the field of vision is poor.

see i Have read a few bad things about the OMS too. The Atomic I am yet to see a bad review.

Atomic Aquatics frameless. I am looking to buy one....do I want black or clear. Average recreational diving with the occasional snap of a camera. I have never dove with a black skirt mask before so not sure of the difference. Can anyone chime in who have tried both?:crafty:

My Atomic Frameless is black and is currently my most favorite mask ever however my next most favorite ever, the Mares X-Vision, I have one in clear and one in black. I enjoy the clear masks, especially for tropical diving and like the peripheral vision they provide. As to the supposed glare etc, IMO, BS.

N

Black. I used a clear mask of years then switched to a black skirt. The next time I used a clear skirt I was so ditracted by the glare all i could see we the reflection of my hoses behind me I had to cup my hands over my most of the dive. went back to the black skirt.

I use the atomic sub frame mask. It fits my face better than the frameless

Got my frameless today and tested in my pool.....VERY NICE!!! I am very happy with it so far. I have a small dive on Saturday and then will be diving in Turks on the 30th so we will see how it does in a real world setting as apposed to the pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom