Clear Lake, Oregon Dive Report: August 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

G00ch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Folks,

I wrote an article for my dive blog about out recent trip to Clear Lake Oregon for some altitude dives....it was a great time for friends and family. Please check out my write up on it....Thanks!

Clear Lake Camping Dives

For how clear the water is, it almost looks like you're floating in air.

I was up at Lake Tahoe this summer and I so wanted to go diving in the clear blue waters of Lake Tahoe, but I have no experience in altitude diving. I read the visibility is in the 75-100' range.

Gill, it seemed especially good- really nice on the north end. We saw a big group of ducks (merganzers I think they are called) diving for food like to about 20ft deep. I tried to video it but it turned out pretty poorly. I have seen them do that once before but it was also fleeting. There is a price to pay for that clear water that comes from mountain glaciers--it was about 40F. But with dry gear, it was not terrible. I have enjoyed altitude diving-- the class is fun and most computers will do the calculations for you.

I need to get down to SOCAL to dive- I want to dive more in Monterey (we just opened a shop there) and San Diego-- they have that Canadian destroyer the Yukon.

G00ch, where about is Clear Lake? I'm going to be in Portland for a week in October and I'm bringing my drysuit. The pics are great!

Can you recommended any good LDS's in the Area?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Depending on your schedule, a stop at Eugene Skin Divers would be a good idea. You can get detailed info on Clear Lake and other local dive sites, rent gear, etc. They're a great bunch of people and will treat you well.

Back
Top Bottom