Cleaning Regs w/ quickdisconnects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Swedinsidemount

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I use a OTS ffm with a quick disconnect attached to the reg portion. The manufacturer recommends soaking it in warm water for an hour after use for cleaning. My question is when the quick disconnect is used, separating the two parts, will water enter the reg or LP hose? here is the model
XS scuba quick disconnect in SS
*and no, there is no manual for the QD
thanks <TG>:idk:

Why not simply soak the mask, in situ, while everything remains pressurized? That's what I typically do.

I have "quick connects" on a couple of full-face masks and only disassemble them for storage; or, to exchange one for the other . . .

Why not simply soak the mask, in situ, while everything remains pressurized? That's what I typically do.

I have "quick connects" on a couple of full-face masks and only disassemble them for storage; or, to exchange one for the other . . .
could do that but one of my electric water heaters the line broke so no hot water outside:coffee: and wouldn't like to carry tanks through the house....
as for @tbone1004 by nipple you mean like one of the little red rubber bits that come with LP hoses?

could do that but one of my electric water heaters the line broke so no hot water outside:coffee: and wouldn't like to carry tanks through the house....
as for @tbone1004 by nipple you mean like one of the little red rubber bits that come with LP hoses?

no, just the male side of the QD, often called a nipple

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom