Cleaning my wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linedog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just received an older Halcyon rental wing, I,m
taking it all apart to clean the cobwebs out of it, can I take the bladder
out of the wing and toss it the wash? It has a half yellow wing that is a
bid stained/dirty, and stiff. Is so, is there a detergent is should use or
not? Thanks.

I don't know about removing the bladder as I don't know Halcyon specifically.

However, a wash with a 1/2 teaspoon of dish soap and a tablespoon of bleach, half full of water, and shake it around quite a bit - let it sit for a few minutes, turn it over, shake it more - then rinse and rinse and rinse. You should not smell chlorine when you fill it with air and let it out and smell it.

I do this after every dive trip, and after it has dried, I store it inflated.

bladders come out quite easily of halcyon wings however I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. Hand wash with some baking soda and dawn dish soap. You should be pretty good after that

outer bladder you can put in the washing machine if it doesn't have an agitator. just don't put it in the drier. Cleaning the inner bladder is very important too though as that is the part that collects nasties

Thanks, I'll toss the wing in the wash and hand clean the bladder.

bladders come out quite easily of halcyon wings however I wouldn't put it in the washing machine. Hand wash with some baking soda and dawn dish soap. You should be pretty good after that

What's the baking soda/soap dish/water ratio you use? Approximately?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom