Cleaned out the MIL's garage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
As it says I cleaned out my mother-in-laws garage and found a box marked US Diver, royal master regulator. I don't dive so I don't know a lot about the equipment. But the package is dated 1964. The regulator has the hoses attached and are still flexible and it's clean and corrosion free apparently. Is there someone who could value this? Possibly point me to a place to sell it?

Any help appreciated.

what they said, double hose regulators are hit or miss on pricing and it all depends on how much you value it and how long you are ok with keeping it for sale. This was the first year of these regs, and depending on condition I have seen them go from $50-$500. Last one I got was for $100. Despite being in great shape, it will still need new parts as 50 year old rubber is going to have to be replaced. If you want to get rid of it quick, shoot me a pm and we can discuss a price. I am looking for another one of these for my better half since we use them when diving in the caribbean.

IF what you have is truly a "Royal Master" in the box you have a fair amount of change in your hands. The Royal Master (not the be confused with the Royal Aquamaster which is what my buddy tbone is thinking of) was only produced for 2 years ,64& 65. In the box Royal Aquamasters and DA Aquamasters often fetch several hundred dollars on ebay. My GUESS is if you have a Royal Master in the box in good condition, it will bring quite a bit more. Your best bet is to do a good photo spread and list it on ebay for a little longer than normal to give collectors time to find it.....or if you like I will give you $150 for it. :)

IF what you have is truly a "Royal Master" in the box you have a fair amount of change in your hands. The Royal Master (not the be confused with the Royal Aquamaster which is what my buddy tbone is thinking of) was only produced for 2 years ,64& 65. In the box Royal Aquamasters and DA Aquamasters often fetch several hundred dollars on ebay. My GUESS is if you have a Royal Master in the box in good condition, it will bring quite a bit more. Your best bet is to do a good photo spread and list it on ebay for a little longer than normal to give collectors time to find it.....or if you like I will give you $150 for it. :)

Good Photos are important as Herman says. Listing it correctly and letting the auction run it's course are key also.....Don't take a quick Buy It Now offer....Market will determine the price.

I appreciate all the advice. I called a place near me call Dive & Surf and as it turns out it was originally bought from them so their interested in seeing it. It has a service card for a repair in the box dated 1975 and it lists it as an Aqua Master Regulator model 1046/ serial 2193. I'm thinking I'll list it here if I don't sell it back to the store. I'm on the west coast so I would rather sell local. I don't see a way to post pics maybe because i'm too new to the forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom