Suggestion Clean and Sober Divers Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

gratefuljames

Contributor
Reaction score
We have just about every other interest group. There are a lot of Clean and Sober people, and, in fact, some places do clean and sober dive trips, dive clubs, etc. I'd like to see a clean and sober section, at least as a test for a while and see if it generates interest and, if so, great! James

gratefuljames:
We have just about every other interest group. There are a lot of Clean and Sober people, and, in fact, some places do clean and sober dive trips, dive clubs, etc. I'd like to see a clean and sober section, at least as a test for a while and see if it generates interest and, if so, great! James
I have a couple I'd like to send your way, but that's the codependency talking. No real cure for that, either.

:hmmm: I guess in line with the 12th Tradition, it'd need to be an opt-in forum with a sticky requiring anonymity?

Personally, I like having a diver with lots of C&S time on my trips as a designated driver, but - you might have a good idea here...?

I mean, yeah, anonymity is the way it works in meetings, but you give up a certain amount of that here, and anonymity ain't what it used to be anyway - everyone knows and loves an addict/alcoholic (hahaa) - I don't wear it as a "badge," and I have never had issues like going out and seeing people drink, whatever, but some people do, and there are whole clean and sober cruises and other activities, so why not a C&S diver's forum? I went with 10 addicts/alcoholics on a liveaboard, and PHD was very happy, because not only did we not drink them out of house and home, we told them to leave it all at the dock or lock it up...and it was good - we actually had a meeting every afternoon (not mandatory) that everyone attended every day, including 2 of the crew, one of whom took 'the cure' and as far as I know is still C&S to this day...anyway...it's an idea, that's all...

Thank you for your suggestion.

Of course, in this time of Equality for all, you wouyld balance that with the Dirty & Sober forum, the Clean and Impaired forum, and the Filthy Drunk forum. Sounds like fun to me.:snore:

I have been all of those things, so, that would be encompassed by the one group...who are you, the cable guy in disguise? hahaaa

While in everyday life I am an occasional drinker, I try to be clean (except in mind) and pretty sober on dive trips. I don't feel the two activities mix well.

I am surprised more people didn't post to this thread. As James said, anonymity certainly isn’t what it used to be. It is not as if u would be hosting a daily meeting on the board. Just chattting, getting together, as you share more than one huge common bond. But then there was the christian group that got the thumbs down. Hopefully, that particular group is safe and sound at church and not out littering the ocean :ignore: Perhaps people were worried they may get the :spaninq: Anyway, :dot:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom