Classically trained marketing and ad agency professional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have developed the strategies and messages and ad campaigns that drive demand for billions of dollars worth of products every year - many of which you have bought personally. And I've been doing this great work for 22 years.

I have an MBA in marketing from a top business school in the northeast, did postgraduate work in management, also in the northeast. From there 5 years of being in a HIGHLY TECHNICAL sales rep befor moving into market research and on to consulting. Finally ended up at two of the largest (and one of the smallest) ad agencies in the world. This is where I began to understand the role of wants and fears and dreams in motivating consumer behavior. Beyond understanding it, I get it when it come time to "turn that on" to get people lay out their hard earned money for something. What does that value proposition need to be?

I'm now a scuba diving marketer. I purposely identified and pursued current level of training (PADI DM) to get a little closer to the industry. I crew for the biggest dive boat in the state of NJ just to get close still to the customer setting. Fascinates me, really.

If anyone in the industry - gear manufacturer, shop owner, on-line retailer, societies, etc who might want to bounce any ideas off me from general questions to maybe you have a small project that you need to get done - shoot me a message rpurkis@yahoo.com Happy to get involved!

Ray
RPurkis@yahoo.com

I have developed the strategies and messages and ad campaigns that drive demand for billions of dollars worth of products every year - many of which you have bought personally. And I've been doing this great work for 22 years.

I have an MBA in marketing from a top business school in the northeast, did postgraduate work in management, also in the northeast. From there 5 years of being in a HIGHLY TECHNICAL sales rep befor moving into market research and on to consulting. Finally ended up at two of the largest (and one of the smallest) ad agencies in the world. This is where I began to understand the role of wants and fears and dreams in motivating consumer behavior. Beyond understanding it, I get it when it come time to "turn that on" to get people lay out their hard earned money for something. What does that value proposition need to be?

I'm now a scuba diving marketer. I purposely identified and pursued current level of training (PADI DM) to get a little closer to the industry. I crew for the biggest dive boat in the state of NJ just to get close still to the customer setting. Fascinates me, really.

If anyone in the industry - gear manufacturer, shop owner, on-line retailer, societies, etc who might want to bounce any ideas off me from general questions to maybe you have a small project that you need to get done - shoot me a message rpurkis@yahoo.com Happy to get involved!

Ray
RPurkis@yahoo.com
Hey Ray I have been a stockbroker for 25 years and would like to switch gears. (small wonder huh) How would you suggest I find a job with one of the major dive equipment suppliers as an outside sales rep? Chip in Florida

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom