Clark Hill/Lake Thurmond Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveprof

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Given the heavy rains from 3/207 we were not expecting great vis. The lake rose 3' in just a few days. Four of us dove today in two groups because we had different objectives. Dave want to try out his doubles and drysuit at depth before heading to the big O later this month. So, Dave and I decided to do a deeper dive. I dove wet (7mm with hooded vest - Xcel) with a 100 steel. The vis was a little better than expected 6-8' at depth, 8' on the plane and 10' on the rocks. The lake is beginning to clear. We began our dive with a descent to the plane at 34' today (lake is 1/2' above full pool). We then descended to the missle (fuel drop tank) at 82' today. Given the expected lower vis I dove an "intentional error" to the missle of a heading of 350 degrees then hung a right at 82'. We hit the missle broadside. We then dropped down past the 105' ledge to 124'. We spent several minutes at depth and then swam east and upward to the 80' wall. We swam much of this wall (a bit of deco by then, 5 min -but it cleared by 50'). We checked on the latest "skulls" Dave placed on the wall and then ascended to 65' for our deep stop along the 65' wall swimming north. We turned east through the trench and south to the angel statue (good 8' vis) and upward (east)to the 40' ledge. We swam south along all of the 40' ledge and the headed upward to 30' swimming south to the plane. From the plane we did extended stops at 20', 15' and 10' swimming along the dam rocks. Dive time was 1:10, max depth 124', water temp 49 at depth, 51 surface.

Back
Top Bottom