Citizen watches off Ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbichsel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has purchased a Citizen (or other brand) off Ebay.

I'm looking at several models from the Pro Diver to the Hyper Aqualand. Kind of leaning towards the Promaster Chrono or Duplex.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you are buying from a reputable dealer. Don't want any knockoffs... You should look at the seller's rating. Stay away from anyone that has several negative (Complaint) feedback posts.

Your watch should come in the box with a warranty card. Insist on that. Also, it is helpful if you know the seller is actually a store. Your chances are better that they are an authorized Citizen dealer that way.

Also, if you know someone who has a business license, you could go to one of those wholesale places. In San Francisco, there is a place called "The Gift Center" on Brannan St. There are jewelers there who specialize in watches, and you can pick up the real thing for wholesale prices.

Check out the Citizen web site to see if the model you are buying is actually a current model. Sometimes the watches you see on eBay are "new old stock". You could be buying a watch made in 1997 that has just been sitting in somebody's store inventory for way too long. Nothing wrong with that... just know what you're buying.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/us/frame_noflash.html

I have bought quite a few things off Ebay, so I am looking for the reputable sources. I am staying away from those offering only a one year warranty.
For this much $$, I want the real deal.

Thanks again.

You may be able to buy just at the same price from Leisure Pro and not have to take as much risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom