Citizen Watch battery replaced ..Can anyone help me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zippsy:
wow. I am so lucky to live here. I just got my wife's done in the watch & clock store across the street in 5 minutes for $6.

Yeah but did they change it's O rings and pressure test it?

I'm sure my local jeweller could get the back off my Rolex if he really wanted to but I doubt I'd go diving with it afterwards.

Spend the money and take the dealer's advice.

Natasha,

The local Dakota Watch kiosk in the mall here in the midwest replaced the battery and pressure tested my wife's watch while I waited - took about 5 minutes - for around $30. You should be able to find a similar deal in a metroplex like Houston. You get a printout from the pressure test machine along with your receipt, and I also got a coupon good toward next time (like for my watch next).

WarmWaterDiver:
Natasha,

The local Dakota Watch kiosk in the mall here in the midwest replaced the battery and pressure tested my wife's watch while I waited - took about 5 minutes - for around $30. You should be able to find a similar deal in a metroplex like Houston. You get a printout from the pressure test machine along with your receipt, and I also got a coupon good toward next time (like for my watch next).

Thank you. I agree, someone in Houston should be able to do this, and do it right. The first person I went to was in the mall, in a watch repair store, and said he would have to send it out to NY.
I'll have to keep looking..or call the link Roak gave me and ask them.

Natasha:
Roak:
So being in Houston, I should just UPS the watch over to Dallas?
For me, personally, if I have a choice between a factory authorized service center and the factory itself, I always go for the factory. Which is why I sent my watch (Hyperaqualand) to the Torrance address. It'd only add a couple days overall to send it there versus Dallas.

This is NOT a kiosk project. You even get a report back with the watch, similar to a cylinder's hydro report. In my particular case my watch was tested to 20.460 BAR (call it 300 psi/ 600 feet), measuring the internal strain and the strain trend -- I doubt your normal kiosk or even a high end jewelry store has this capability.

Lastly, there's warranty issues. If you have your local kiosk do this, and the watch leaks, you're SOL. If your watch leaks after being serviced and tested by a factory service center, you're probably going to get a new watch outta it.

Bottom line is that there's a 800 number for the Torrance location, give 'em a call! :)

Roak

I got the same report from the kiosk (300 PSI / 600 feet range), and examined the test machinery with my own peepers. Looked legit to me, and I do have a bit of experience with industrial pressure vessels and testing. Just my own experience and facts here. I could hunt up the warranty that came with receipt maybe, but I gave it to the wife to file away - but there was one. Natasha - in this world of internet info, I'm just trying to offer a helpful firsthand experience suggestion - maybe the Dakota Watch web site would have specifics & details for your area. As everyone else tends to post here, each individual is ultimately responsibe for their own decisions and actions, including informed risk management.

I got tired of battery replacement hassles and bought a Citizen Eco-Drive - no battery replacement needed.

Problem solved today. Roak don't get mad at me :wink:

I went to a different mall today ( I have nothing better to do right) and the person there told me he could send it out for 30.00 or I could go to the jeweler outside the mall that is also a watch repair and clock repair place.

So off I went. This man has been in business for 28 years. He moved here from Greece and owned the place since day one.
He knew exactly what to do. He did the pressure test to 5 ATM's and put the new battery in. The whole thing took 15 minutes and cost me $16.24.

Thank you everyone for your help! I'll be testing it out in Cozumel in about 28 more days.

Only happy to help, Natasha....although I'm not sure I was all that much help.

The real diffferance between the guys at citizens and the corner watch shop, is that citizens tests the watch afterwards to ensure that it is water tight.

Citizens just did my 20 year old Pro Divemaster for $30. took three weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom