Citizen Watch battery replaced ..Can anyone help me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha,

Glad I could assist in some small way too. You were able to get about half the price I did too (the Houston metroplex free enterprise competition must be working).

I liked being able to personally "witness the hydro" on my wife's watch - being a gadget / tech guy in the professional world. I'd "witnessed hydrotesting" of a lot of things, and often at a lot higher pressures, but never something this small!

Damselfish:
I got tired of battery replacement hassles and bought a Citizen Eco-Drive - no battery replacement needed.

I had the same..3 years using a ecodrive version without batteries concerns...i do have to change the strap once...the next time i would buy a mosquito dive computer or something similar..its a watch is also a computer for rec diving in a compact pack...prices still being high...

I got a Hyper Aqualand for X-mas and it flooded on my first dive (less than 10 ft down). My mother bought it at Dillards. I sent it to Citizen and they told me that the battery had been replaced incorrectly and it would cost me around $115 to fix it. Also, that watch was manufactured in 1997. I'm guessing Dillards changed the battery themselves at some point (which I'll angrily take up with them when I get my un-fixed watch back from Citizen).

My two cents for anyone else is: if you don't send it to Citizen, make sure your jewler knows what they're doing and pressure tests it. Afterall, $30 + 3 weeks + piece of mind is a lot cheaper than $115 + unnecessary grief.

Back
Top Bottom