Christmas lights........

Which do you prefer to decorate with????

• Multi color bulbs

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Solid color bulbs

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • White/clear bulbs

Votes: 33 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What is your favorite???

Single color. White preferred. Following the lines of the roof and eaves is ideal.

No racing lights. No flashing, no pulse, no chasing rope lights.

No icicles. For gosh sakes - NO ICICLES.

No inflatables.

No lawn hoopla of any type.

Nothing below window level. A conservative door wreath is acceptable.

A simple, constrained, attractive recognition of Christmas is the preferred ideal.

Of course, that's how I roll these days. 12 years ago, I was one light away from shutting down the power grid.

My friends held an intervention.

I'm a better man now.

---
Ken

I respectfully differ . . . I LOVE the white icicle lights. The good quality ones are gorgeous.

I don't like the multicolored lights much, and I really don't like the yards that are close to shutting down the power grid.

Icicles and 2 spiral Christmas trees, all on a timer, no fuss.

Mo2vation:
Single color. White preferred. Following the lines of the roof and eaves is ideal.

No racing lights. No flashing, no pulse, no chasing rope lights.

No icicles. For gosh sakes - NO ICICLES.

No inflatables.

No lawn hoopla of any type.

Nothing below window level. A conservative door wreath is acceptable.

A simple, constrained, attractive recognition of Christmas is the preferred ideal.

Of course, that's how I roll these days. 12 years ago, I was one light away from shutting down the power grid.

My friends held an intervention.

I'm a better man now.

---
Ken
A agree totally. Tasteful is the key.

I can not stand inflatables. I have 1 neighbor that has 6 in a very small front yard. It looks like an inflatable graveyard.

TSandM:
I respectfully differ . . . I LOVE the white icicle lights. The good quality ones are gorgeous.

I don't like the multicolored lights much, and I really don't like the yards that are close to shutting down the power grid.

Icicle lights are the light fad du' jour. They will gracefully go away soon.

In the 70's it was large lights with a single color - red, blue, etc. Or the very arty-farty blue green blue green blue green.

In the 80's small lights moved outside. Late 80's rope lights came and went.

In the 90's, it was all about icicles. Racing ones. Blinky ones. Ugly ones. Nice ones. There is like one or two good looking ones, and about zillion cheesed out ones. I just hate them. Especially the lime green ones on the house across the street from me that went up BEFORE THANKSGIVING... friggen look like snot dripping from the roof. :l:

In the 2000's, its all about inflatables and lawn stuff. Twiggy deer that move, Nascar Santa inflatables, Giant Snow Globes, etc.

Not that I pay attention to this stuff or anything...

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Icicle lights are the light fad du' jour. They will gracefully go away soon.
Just like those girly boots you wear :D :wink: :popcorn: :sprint:

The white ones make better targets for my pellet gun.

I don't care what kind of bulbs you have, as long as you take them off your house by February. People with Christmas lights up in July should be ticketed, unless you live in a trailer house, in which case it's permissible to leave them up all year (extra points if they never work, even during the Christmas season). :D

Back
Top Bottom