Christmas Eve Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PuyallupCoug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone, I'll be doing two dives at Alki tomorrow. Anybody else going to get wet on Christmas Eve?

Can't dive tomorrow night, but here's hoping you get an early Christmas present in the form of something large to look at.

Last week, TSandM and I were swimming with a large (11-12 foot) sixgill shark.

The past two days, my students and I have been buzzed by sea lions. Yesterday's was a female, and did a slow "flyby" while we were hanging at our 10-foot stop. Today's was a young male, maybe 7-8 feet in length and ... hefty. He joined us on our way up from our deep dive, and pretty much stayed with us till we started our ascent. This one was very curious ... swimming close enough that you really wanted to push him away, and occasionally nibbling on a fin.

Hope you get to experience some of that. Don't forget to take a peek under the bow of the Honey Bear ... there's been a gargantuan octopus hanging out under there lately ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That would be a nice Christmas present!

This will be my first open water dive since I got certified in May 2006. I'm going with some more experienced divers to get me "back in the game" so to speak. It should be fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom