Christmas diving off Victoria/Saltspring I.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just to add my 2 cents, if you're only going for 1-2 days of diving, there really is no point in going drysuit, as it will probably take that long to get use to it. Plus don't forget you'll need an extra hose on your first stage for the drysuit, if you choose to bring your own regs. Why complicate things? Rent a 7mm wetsuit at Ogden Point and have fun....once you're done, jump into the hot showers in the dive shop and have a hot meal in the cafe upstairs. :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I agree that the drysuit will add unneeded complication. I will bring my suit (7mm), and I will book a guided tour with an instructor.

BTW, these quarries and lakes can get down to about 45F, so I don't anticipate too big a shock.

If you're already diving 45F water, you'll be fine here diving wet. It will definitely simplify things.

Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom