Christmas camp/dive trip to Lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like fun but I will be in Chicago. Going to visit 2 of my 10 grandkids.Oh,did I mention, diving Lake Michigan.

So 'were' and with 'whom' will you be diving on Lake Michigan? :)

I'd love to be there Shawn, but I'm headed down to Cajun country (south Louisiana) for the holidays to spend time with my family. Maybe a few dives around New Years? Anyway Shawn, Merry Christmas to you and all the Swampers... Hope to hook up with you all soon.

I'd love to be there Shawn, but I'm headed down to Cajun country (south Louisiana) for the holidays to spend time with my family. Maybe a few dives around New Years? Anyway Shawn, Merry Christmas to you and all the Swampers... Hope to hook up with you all soon.

Have FUN in Louisiana it is a really nice place. Merry Christmas.

So 'were' and with 'whom' will you be diving on Lake Michigan? :)

Still trying to set this up. Was hoping with Duane at Precision Diving. With the ice & snow, may not get to. They Ice Dive up there in January so may have to make a return trip. Waiting to hear back from Elmer's Watersports. Glen at Mermet Springs is diving but that is 360 miles South.:no

Still trying to set this up. Was hoping with Duane at Precision Diving. With the ice & snow, may not get to. They Ice Dive up there in January so may have to make a return trip. Waiting to hear back from Elmer's Watersports. Glen at Mermet Springs is diving but that is 360 miles South.:no

Good luck with hooking up with a charter...most close shop for the winter months....does not sound like you would have trouble filling the time with a few grandkids to hang out with! :D

I'm surprised you would miss it. After all, its got everything you're looking for: cold water, minimal vis...

Sounds like the kind of diving we like in the winter. :shakehead:

Regards

Yay! I have a neck seal now! I will be out diving on the 22nd!

Update:

Visibility is very poor at Lake Travis last 2 weekends. Weather questionable.

I am not aware of anyone that was interested in camping. Too Cold I guess.

There may be a few people who a few weeks ago seemed interested.

I am going to try to get my boat running for this weekend on Lake Travis and may or may not be there Saturday.

Just keeping everyone up to date. Let me know your plans for the group.

Regards,

Shawn O'Shea

I am out of town friday thru thursday, so out for christmas diving(unless I do it up in Kentucky Lake). But depending on how new years day shapes up, I might be persuaded to catch a New Years Day Dive...

Mack convinced me to come out last year, So if not too bad surface side, I would consider getting wet with some fellow swampers, if only to confirm just how bad vis really is :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom