Christian Divers in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vanshook

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are relatively new to the area and are looking for some Christian Dive buddies. We dive mainly from our own boat and would like to share the experience with some other believers.

Does anyone know of any Christian diver's club in the area or local church with such a club?

Sorry, can't say that I know any in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Now, if you were in Western North Carolina, or are ever there visiting, Biltmore Baptist started a scuba ministry, although I'm not sure where they go.

So you can not dive with a good hearted heathen? What if it is a very friendly Buddahist? Taoist? A Jewish rabbi that likes to float with the fishes?

vanshook:
My wife and I are relatively new to the area and are looking for some Christian Dive buddies. We dive mainly from our own boat and would like to share the experience with some other believers.

Does anyone know of any Christian diver's club in the area or local church with such a club?

Welcome to the area! Calvary Chapel Ft Lauderdale has a diving ministry- Divine Divers. I was told recently that it has been dormant (probably over the winter) but that it should be picking up soon. Give the church a call & they will provide you with a phone# or email address.

You've come to the right place, Florida Conchs have Christians that are so pious they even bring their bible to the bar and set it next to their tequilla when they shoot pool:D

I always wondered about this - when you're in the middle of a really deep dive and the Rapture comes - do you have time for all your decompression stops? And what about the no-fly rule for 12 or 24 hours after multi-level diving?

Orlando Eric:
So you can not dive with a good hearted heathen? What if it is a very friendly Buddahist? Taoist? A Jewish rabbi that likes to float with the fishes?

I figured some may react this way to my post. I'll dive with anyone; that's not the point. We are looking for some divers (friends) since we are new to the area that have the same interests/beliefs as us. Not a shot at anyone or their religion of choice.

Don’t get all offended-I’ll dive with you if you want…

DennisS:
You've come to the right place, Florida Conchs have Christians that are so pious they even bring their bible to the bar and set it next to their tequilla when they shoot pool:D

What group do you fall in? What was that part about casting stones, planks in the eye?

Awestruck Heathen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom