Choptima Near Syracuse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK great...would love to know more...It is 3 hours away but we are always looking for shore dive sites...How is the visibility?

Hello all, I'm thinking about getting into CCR diving and have decided a Choptima would be my best bet for a number of reasons. I was just curious if there was anyone in the Syracuse Area that has one and wouldn't mind going for a dive one day so I could see it in action, thanks in advance.
Hi, I just got my Chop in March and will be using it up in the 1000 Islands several times throughout the summer. My first trip up to A Bay will be the 5th of July, hopefully through the following weekend. Then again in late July, and several times during August. I also wouldn't mind hopping in Skaneateles Lake with you on my way up, if there's anything good to see in there.

If you're looking to dive sooner, you could also come down to Dutch Springs which, although "going out of business" soon, is open Thu - Sun on a 3 week rolling basis until the sale goes through (pay by the day). I plan to dive my new Chop there Sat 4 June and/or Sun 12 June.

Hi, I just got my Chop in March and will be using it up in the 1000 Islands several times throughout the summer. My first trip up to A Bay will be the 5th of July, hopefully through the following weekend. Then again in late July, and several times during August. I also wouldn't mind hopping in Skaneateles Lake with you on my way up, if there's anything good to see in there.

If you're looking to dive sooner, you could also come down to Dutch Springs which, although "going out of business" soon, is open Thu - Sun on a 3 week rolling basis until the sale goes through (pay by the day). I plan to dive my new Chop there Sat 4 June and/or Sun 12 June.
Sorry, didn’t see this till now. I’m in Skaneateles most weekends, was there today actually, not a lot to see but it’s one of the clearest lakes for viz in the area. If your there weekend after the 5th our local shop Deep Stop Scuba does a social dive the second saturday of every month, we haven’t decided yet but might do a charter at the river that weekend. If you’re looking for some boat dives check out Hunts dive shop! Great guy And always a good time on their boat!

Sorry, didn’t see this till now. I’m in Skaneateles most weekends, was there today actually, not a lot to see but it’s one of the clearest lakes for viz in the area. If your there weekend after the 5th our local shop Deep Stop Scuba does a social dive the second saturday of every month, we haven’t decided yet but might do a charter at the river that weekend. If you’re looking for some boat dives check out Hunts dive shop! Great guy And always a good time on their boat!
I will be up at the St. Lawrence from Tuesday the 5th through Sunday the 10th if you are up there with your shop or on your own. You will likely find me and my Choptima at Keewaydin campground site 42 or shore diving out behind Bonnie Castle. Come find me if you want a closer look at the rebreather or want to dive with us. I may be calling up Dana for some boat diving on Saturday if one of my buddies from home is coming up for the weekend.

I will be up at the St. Lawrence from Tuesday the 5th through Sunday the 10th if you are up there with your shop or on your own. You will likely find me and my Choptima at Keewaydin campground site 42 or shore diving out behind Bonnie Castle. Come find me if you want a closer look at the rebreather or want to dive with us. I may be calling up Dana for some boat diving on Saturday if one of my buddies from home is coming up for the weekend.
I was up there today diving Bonnie with our social dive but I was carpooling with a few people so couldn’t make it over there, maybe next time. I appreciate you making yourself available though, maybe next time. Hope you’re enjoying your time on the river!

Hands down, one of the best dives in the Syracuse area is the Dinosaur BBQ!
:rofl3:

I was up there today diving Bonnie with our social dive but I was carpooling with a few people so couldn’t make it over there, maybe next time. I appreciate you making yourself available though, maybe next time. Hope you’re enjoying your time on the river!
Funny story... Saturday when you were at Bonnie is the only day that week I was NOT there. I was diving there Tuesday through Friday and Sunday, but Saturday I was out on a boat all day diving the Keystorm, Vickery, and Maggie L wrecks. Maybe next time... that will be July 30 - Aug 1.

Back
Top Bottom