Choptima Near Syracuse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kmmartin86

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all, I'm thinking about getting into CCR diving and have decided a Choptima would be my best bet for a number of reasons. I was just curious if there was anyone in the Syracuse Area that has one and wouldn't mind going for a dive one day so I could see it in action, thanks in advance.

I like how compact it is and its pretty travel friendly. Im currently in NY but dont plan on staying here forever and would eventually like to get into cave diving and running sidemount so this would be a good addition. I also wanted shearwater electronics. But mostly I like that I can add this to an existing system with little to minimum alterations, but if you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Where do you dive near Syracuse? We know of Adirondack Scuba near Malta NY where they dive and train with rebreathers but I don't know which models they use

There is an instructor named Kevin Marks that teaches in New York during the spring and fall. I can get you his contact info if that fits your timeline.
Outside of that. Paul Lenharr is in Maryland and I am in Detroit. I think the three of us would be your closest options.

There is an instructor named Kevin Marks that teaches in New York during the spring and fall. I can get you his contact info if that fits your timeline.
Outside of that. Paul Lenharr is in Maryland and I am in Detroit. I think the three of us would be your closest options.

Where do you dive near Syracuse? We know of Adirondack Scuba near Malta NY where they dive and train with rebreathers but I don't know which models they use
I dive Skaneateles Lake a lot but with a rebreather I'd probably take more trips up to the St. Lawrence. My local shop has rebreather divers and instructors just not the Choptima.

Thanks for the info, I did see Kevin, as well as yourself and others, on the Dive Rite website. Sadly I probably have a while before I'm ready to purchase and get certified on a CCR, but just trying to gather as much info as I can ahead of time.

I dive Skaneateles Lake a lot but with a rebreather I'd probably take more trips up to the St. Lawrence. My local shop has rebreather divers and instructors just not the Choptima.
Shore dives or boat dives on Skaneateles??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom