Choosing a S or M wetsuit...help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Jr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am trying to decide between a small or medium wetsuit (5mm). From what I have gagthered, I understand many wetsuits will not fit perfectly (with the exception of custom), but as well there are certain areas of a wetsuit that are more important than others as far fitting. Both the small and medium fit fairly snug throughout, obviously the meduim is a tad easier to put one, but it still takes some effort :). My concerns are this, with the small, my upper chest and arms feel fairly constricted. I can get my arms over my head a little. And the part of the suit that goes under my arms does not fit; the suit bags out under my arm pit area (like its streched out. The medium has a nice snug fit throughout as well. I can feel a little restriction however in the arms and chest area however, I can still decently get my arms to move around, my only real concern is the neck area does not have as snug of a fit as the small does.

Any suggestions or tips, experience, would be appreciated. thanks, jR

I am trying to decide between a small or medium wetsuit (5mm). From what I have gagthered, I understand many wetsuits will not fit perfectly (with the exception of custom), but as well there are certain areas of a wetsuit that are more important than others as far fitting. Both the small and medium fit fairly snug throughout, obviously the meduim is a tad easier to put one, but it still takes some effort :). My concerns are this, with the small, my upper chest and arms feel fairly constricted. I can get my arms over my head a little. And the part of the suit that goes under my arms does not fit; the suit bags out under my arm pit area (like its streched out. The medium has a nice snug fit throughout as well. I can feel a little restriction however in the arms and chest area however, I can still decently get my arms to move around, my only real concern is the neck area does not have as snug of a fit as the small does.

Any suggestions or tips, experience, would be appreciated. thanks, jR

From your description it sounds like the small does not give you enough freedom of movement & really fits too snugly. Go with the Medium.

IMHO, the only need for a truly tight collar is with a drysuit; a wetsuit won't be as snug.

JMHO,

I agree with previous poster....no reason to be miserable in a wetsuit. Based on your description of the fit I would go with the medium.....PLUS, if you ever want to "layer" it with a hooded vest, you may have room with the medium to do that. I INTENTIONALLY bought a slightly larger than normal 3mm a couple years ago that I can fit a vest under if necessary. The slight looseness of the suit is not significant unless the water is really chilly and then I add the vest.

Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom