Choosing a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharksighter

Reaction score
I'm buying my first regulator and need some advice. I want a small or light weight second stage. I'm on a budget etc. I looked at the Genesis Yukon and the Titan Micra. Someone posted the Yukon is harder to breathe with and the Micra produces too many bubbles. Any advice?

THAD:
I'm buying my first regulator and need some advice. I want a small or light weight second stage. I'm on a budget etc. I looked at the Genesis Yukon and the Titan Micra. Someone posted the Yukon is harder to breathe with and the Micra produces too many bubbles. Any advice?

Any supersmall second is going to have bubble interference unless it has crazy ports that make you look like a sea lion.

I have the Micra and I have not noticed any more bubble interference than the Titan rentals we used in OW class. In fact, the Micra seems to have even less. I like mine a lot, but I'm sure I'll go to an Apeks within the next year or so and hand the Micra down to one of the kids.

THAD:
Have you looked into the Sherwood Blizzard? Being in Mich. you might want to get into some cold water diving. In the summer you can benefit from the moisture retention. Sherwoods are priced right at LP and can be matched at Scuba.com or Scubatoys if you are looking into the manufacturer warranty.

-Joe

Back
Top Bottom