Choosing a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paxtang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Shopping for a good used reg, always used sherwood blizzard in the past. Looking at an Apeks AT20/40can anybody give some info on this reg as far as age, balanced, sealed, etc?? Thanks for the help.

Shopping for a good used reg, always used sherwood blizzard in the past. Looking at an Apeks AT20/40can anybody give some info on this reg as far as age, balanced, sealed, etc??
Not sure exactly what you are looking at, I presume it is a reg with an AT20 second stage and an AT40 second stage.

The AT second stages are a bit older - probably ~6 years since they were distributed. In general the AT20s are considered warm water regs, and were usually paired with a US4 first stage which is a balanced, but unsealed, very functional first stage. Before buying, you should confirm what first stage is on the reg.

I have a couple of them - an AT20 and a later model XTX20 - that I use for deco regs, and they work fine. They don't handle really cold water (low 40s) that well, and I prefer the FSR and DST first stages I have on other regs. But, for $100 you might get a decent deal.

Thanks for the info. I dont know anything about them or have seen them, just what i was told. Didnt realize the first stage was not listed.

Thanks for the info. I dont know anything about them or have seen them, just what i was told. Didnt realize the first stage was not listed.
That is often a problem with new or used regs, in this case Apeks. The second stage name is given but no mention is made of the first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom