Choosing A Dive Operator In Malapascua For A Higher Day Tour Chance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

regina55

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I am heading to Malapascua in May and need some advice on choosing a dive operator.

After doing some research on diving in Malapascua, Gato/Dona Marilyn wreck/Kalangkkaman became my wishlist destination. Unfortunately I have only 4 days for diving this time which is indeed short and I have a doubt if I would be able to go to all of the destinations during my stay. Maybe going to Gato is not an issue as most dive shops seem to go there quite often, but how about the others? Would I get a higher chance to dive all the sites if I choose to dive with a big operator that I guess has multiple boats heading to different sites everyday? I have also thought of combining two dive operators to have more options on dive schedules. in this case however the price per dive would be higher and it will also take some time for me to get used to different rental equipment from each operator.

By the way has anyone dove with dive operators apart from TSD, Exotic, and Evolution? I am interested in Dive society (they offer dive packages at competitive prices as well as nitrox is for free on all dives) but I could barely find reviews about them on scubaboard.

We have dived several times with Sea Explorers , went there the first time and never felt the need to change. Plenty of people say where they want to go and the shop will do what it can. The options you mention can easily be done once each in 4 days. Kalimantan is a day trip , leaving after breakfast and your pre breakfast visit to the threshers. Then the wreck and Gato are also done together. Don't miss the nearer sites like Lapus Lapus and Chocolate Island , plus the Lighthouse for the sunset dive. Four days is better than nothing !

Have a great trip

Dona Marilyn and Kalanggaman Island are quite a distance away. Demand and supply!
Had used both Evolution and Exotic previously. And Exotic is by far the biggest operator on the island and with enough boats to cater for many divers. It has developed beyond recognition since my first visit all those yrs ago. Evolution gets my vote nowadays and the food there is a LOT better.
Diving with different operator everyday is not an issue. The main beach is not that wide spread from Evolution to TSD.
4 days of diving mean you would have to return again!!!!
Enjoy.

The solution to your problem is to bring a group of friends and then you'll have minimum numbers for any trip you want!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom