Choices Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Naw....you didn't start anything. We of the Olympus Cult like taking potshots at the 'others'! :D :wink: :eek:ut:

Seriously, Sony's great for videos but they seem to have lost something in the translation to still cameras. You mention bracketing for focus. Do you not have auto focus on that camera? Or is it just not very accurate?

clive francis once bubbled...
in the survey there were more Olympus users than any of the other users!

Churchill had it right when said dogs are the only ones who know what to do with polls. :D

If you believed all the polls posted here we'd all be diving BP and wings on our way to caves with a DIR config. :eek:ut:

Marc

Seriously, Sony's great for videos but they seem to have lost something in the translation to still cameras

To be fair we should be comparing the Oly Cx0x0s to the Sony dsc-s85 and its big brother the dsc-v1. These cameras still exhibit the lowest noise ratio compared to other cameras. They got it right in these cameras but for some reason didn't make any housing for it.

I'd say the Olympus C4040/5050; Canon G5; Sony DSC-V1 and the Nikon CP 5000/5400 are all excellent cameras. Olympus was the only one to be smart enough to manufacture affordable housing for their prosumer cameras.

for my 85.....

Now to try out the video camera tomorrow - thanks TJO, see you in Atami tomorrow (no 85!!)

Jonathan

Ruu once bubbled...

It surely beats wandering into BestBuy and listening to a teenager with a week's worth of camera training.

Ain't that the truth - I've constantly found Scubaboard to be a valuable source of (usually) unbiased information.

The range of expertise is extraordinary - and has been immensely helpful to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom