Choice of ride...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want a ducati s4r. On rainy days I'd take a 911 turbo. And on weekends a lotus exige s. The lotus would've been my daily driver, till I had a chance to race an elise. And let me tell you that as tiny as it is; with no power steering and a steering wheel about 9 inches in diameter... U-turns are tough. So it'd definitely be a track only car.

In case you haven't already figured it out: I like racing. lol But this is all I can (barely) afford on my DM salary:
planted.jpg

And let me just say that it adequately fills my need for speed :)
n33401613_28348.jpg

Were you driving with your knee when you took a pic of the speedometer?!?! LMAO:D :)

I wasn't going for speed....I thought the mileage looked cool. Of course, now I'll be breaking 250K this week.:wink:

miles.jpg

johnnyseko:
Were you driving with your knee when you took a pic of the speedometer?!?! LMAO:D :)

Hehe no but somehow there is a foot sized dent in the floorpan behind the gas pedal. :D

johnnyseko:
I wasn't going for speed....I thought the mileage looked cool. Of course, now I'll be breaking 250K this week.:wink:

VW's are just awesome. My rabbit only has 12,000 right now; still a baby.

Ah yes. The Chevy 427; one of the greatest engines of all time. I've driven a 69 vette with that engine and I must admit that it was outright scary strong. Plus those old clutches are brutal. heh.

But still very very nice piece of automotive history. Are those real mag wheels too? Super nice car!

I got tired of putting $60+ a weeking the tank of my Toyota....so I got this.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 15
DrQuest:
You are alowed to brag about your land conveiance, just make it believable.
If you have imagination, what the :censored: would you describe your transport of choice to be?

My wife's 2006 Volkswagen Jetta Turbo Diesel. Worst it's ever gotten was 37 in Houston traffic with the air conditioner going. On a long trip last fall with no air and on two lane to Tennessee my wife got 42 and 44. With the turbo it feels like a very strong six cylinder.

In April when we headed to Cozumel we filled up before we left. Drove to Dallas and then filled up when we got back home. Almost 600 miles and the low fuel light hadn't come on yet. That's the dream part.

My favorite vehicle is a rusted out Nissan pickup leaving Alice in Wonderland with my sweet-thang beside me and headed to the Lions Den for a Lions Burger and Balashi on draft.

Back
Top Bottom