Chlorine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Before you get in the pool wet your bcd and wetsuit with tap water. That way the water that is absorbed is fresh water.

Then if you want to have your equipment look nice even longer, wash it with wetsuit shampoo and rinse with fresh water. Don't hang it in the sun.

I will admit that I am a "lazy" diver and I don't rinse my pool teaching gear before or after I am in the pool. I just get a new wetsuit and boots every other year to teach with, the price for looking good in the pool:D.

Just to add a tip; if you like pockets on your wetsuit, glue them on with seal cement (wetsuit glue) do not use aquaseal. It will be easier to remove and reuse. My Halcyon pockets which cost more than my teaching suits are not glued to my 4th wetsuit. They are faded to a "chlorine brown" but they still work great.

Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom