Chinese 30 Lbs. Donut Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honestly they’re probably the same thing as the name brand stuff, but if it does have a problem you’re out of luck. If the DGX didn’t exist, and you were saving 250 by buying one of these I would be fine with it. But I’m also not doing anything besides open water NDL diving.
Dgx is also made in the USA. So for sure not the same thing in this case

Dgx is also made in the USA. So for sure not the same thing in this case
I couldn't find manufacturing location specified on the website; are you sure they are USA made? I only ask because I know that at least some DGX stuff comes from China.

I couldn't find manufacturing location specified on the website; are you sure they are USA made? I only ask because I know that at least some DGX stuff comes from China.
Yes very sure. Its stated on the wing itself. You can also see it in the picture on the dgx site. Has the American flag.

Yes very sure. Its stated on the wing itself. You can also see it in the picture on the dgx site. Has the American flag.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of the Dive Rite wings? Those are made in the US and are sold by DGX.

Just found it myself. Surprised. Single and double wings.

IIRC, wings by DR, DGX, VDH, & (maybe) Oxy are from a factory in Schenectady, New York.

More than likely it is a knock off of a Zeagle design violation trademarks and other intellectual property laws. If brought into the USA hopefully it would get destroyed by Customs.

[Rant] People really need to quit buying cheap crap from China because of their ignoring environmental (endangered species), intellectual property, cultures, etc. ad nauseum[/Rant]

lol wut, the original zeagle design was a horseshoe that they still use on their back inflate line like the ranger. if anything, zeagle knocked off halcyon with their new donut.

More than likely it is a knock off of a Zeagle design violation trademarks and other intellectual property laws. If brought into the USA hopefully it would get destroyed by Customs.

[Rant] People really need to quit buying cheap crap from China because of their ignoring environmental (endangered species), intellectual property, cultures, etc. ad nauseum[/Rant]
Rant: if american companies don’t want their IP stolen, how about paying American workers to make said products? If you are willing to layoff your american workforce so the big wigs can line their pockets by using cheap Chinese labor, you get what you sow.

Also, your comment regarding the environment would have been true 10 years ago, but not now. China’s commitment towards the environment has improved drastically, and ours has taken a significant step backwards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom