Chinese 30 Lbs. Donut Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squirm88

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone used one of these Chinese donut wings that are for sale on eBay and other sites for less than $150? Any feedback?
H966971388dc94ea4854698ccf0dbd9ef7.jpg

has to be cheaper to be worth the gamble vs the 200 dollar DGX wing. with dive lights, at least they are significantly cheaper that you can buy 4 and if 2 work, you are still ahead.
And your life likely won’t be in jeopardy if your dive light fails (except in a cave, maybe)...

well that's why you bring 3. although to be fair, a balanced rig would dictate you can swim up even with a wing failure.
Though, if all 3 are cheap Chinese lights, you might be SOL...

I want to feel comfortable that my BC will be a reliable flotation device, if needed, on the surface - so not looking to spend as little as possible on that piece of equipment (and a few others).

bcd's aren't life jackets. as long as it holds air, it will work for its intended purpose.
... which is my point: I don’t trust a cheap Chinese wing to hold air when I might really need it to. Certainly not worth saving $50 to take that chance.

the difference is mainly so if something goes wrong you deal with DGX instead for customer service. these aren't going to fail in some spectacular fashion. just not enough of a savings to deal with the uncertainty.

if they were like 100 though, i'd give them a shot.

Reactions: Zef
... which is my point: I don’t trust a cheap Chinese wing to hold air when I might really need it to. Certainly not worth saving $50 to take that chance.

I get what you are saying. Makes me wonder where some of the branded wings are made. Funny how you can't find that information on most manufacturers websites. I wouldn't be surprised if the safer name brand wings are made in the same Chinese factory. I'm having a hard time seeing a difference between a $280 OMS wing and this one.

Back
Top Bottom