Chinese 30 Lbs. Donut Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i mean some might be QC rejects so they are not as robust for some reason. they may be cutting corners with cheaper materials like lighter cordura or 304 instead of 316, etc.

your best case is these are just leftovers the rebranders didn't buy or they had leftover raw materials and figured why not use it up.

There are also 18lbs versions for a little less

Honestly they’re probably the same thing as the name brand stuff, but if it does have a problem you’re out of luck. If the DGX didn’t exist, and you were saving 250 by buying one of these I would be fine with it. But I’m also not doing anything besides open water NDL diving.

I won't trust the picture to evaluate anything! Quality of the material, workmanship etc etc. are unknown.
I won't even pay $20.00 for that! There are so many junks coming out from that country.
I have never seen divers coming for that country using anything other than foreign brands.

I won't trust the picture to evaluate anything! Quality of the material, workmanship etc etc. are unknown.
I won't even pay $20.00 for that! There are so many junks coming out from that country.
Is there anyway to buy off-branded dive gear that specifically comes from Taiwan, and not mainland China?

Having just been to China for a bit, I would at this point not buy such a product without the scrutiny/QA/post-manufacturing processes of a known brand that needs to maintain its reputation as a high priority. Irrespective of what else comes out of the same factory.

Balanced or not, wings and other BCD components are important nonetheless and quality products are really not expensive enough to warrant the gamble.

What’s this part used for? “ Rubber Colorectal Tube Length: 30cm/11.81inch”

If I didn’t have 5 extra wings in my shop I would be tempted to order one, although the drysuit fittings required for a “colorectal” tube my be hard to come by.:wink:

I have one of the cheap 50lb doubles wings from Ebay. I bought it to try out doubles diving, I didn't want to drop $300 on something I might not use much. It was $175 shipped

It took a long time to get it, I guess shipping by boat. It works fine. There's nothing about it that would make you immediately say "junk", and after closely looking at it I can't see anything constructed differently than name brand wings I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom