China Southern Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Star Alliance and One World Carrier provided no cost advantages that I could find. Philippines Airlines still playing pricing games.

JustFly it is. Eva Air is $675.00 roundtrip. Hong Kong Airlines is $583.25

Not sure if I'll go bargain basement. How much pain will I endure on Hong Kong airlines. :wink:

Consider checking the seat pitch and width for whatever aircraft they're flying on your routes. It's a long flight...

(China Southern actually seems to do pretty well at that part. Though upgrades to better seats were surprisingly inexpensive on PA last time we did this, dunno about now or the others.)

I wouldn't put my life in the hands of their pilots.

Star Alliance and One World Carrier provided no cost advantages that I could find. Philippines Airlines still playing pricing games.

JustFly it is. Eva Air is $675.00 roundtrip. Hong Kong Airlines is $583.25

Not sure if I'll go bargain basement. How much pain will I endure on Hong Kong airlines. :wink:

Do know that they are priced that way for a reason. I know someone that has flown China Southern and you’re really there to just get flown; service, food, experience/training of the pilots, etc., is not going to be as good as the other more established carriers. Also note, should you run into any issues, do think about what your rebooking options might be like as far as frequency of flights and ability to extend options to get you to your destination via different hubs or code shares.

Personally, I’d take EVA. $675 round trip is still a very good price to get you round trip.

Yeah, Eva might be what I do go with. Tripadvisor reviews say that Hong Kong airlines fails to clean the restroom. They use older aircraft. And the food is barely worth eating. LOL

Legroom was also an issue. It must be a sardine can flight. Avoid!

Oh, and an 11 hour trapped at LAX issue. That's really my nightmare.

Last night i came home from a round trip from
Manilla->china(CAD) to New York(JFK) on china southern. We had an issue when leaving JFK the plane blown a fuse and took 3 hours to fix. Other than that, the trip was pleasant and uneventful, I can not complain. The planes was clean,new-ish, food was better than expected and stewards were pleasant. Entertainment was ok, but I had my laptop for movies.

^ Nice!

OK, so i booked with Philippine Airlines to get a non-stop short flight. Cost me $200.00 more but I couldn't chance getting stuck at a layover.

Still puts my trip at $1600.00 for resort at 13 days plus rountrip airfare.

About the only thing I won't like in Puerto Galera is the heat and humidity. But I can always retreat to the AC in my room.

Probably cool off in the evening at a Go Go bar drinking some cold San Miguel beer
. :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom