Child diving while sharing regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would gladly make the arrest for child endangerment and turn the child over to Health and Welfare. Then let the ambulance chasers fight it out.

Disparaging comments regarding the children deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we are obligated by that codex to say something about the dangers inherent in this kind of practice to the party involved.

Why? Do you knock on car windows at intersections and lecture people about seatbelts?

The solution is not to tell anyone you saw it, and get as far away as possible, because, even though the parents are being TSTL (too stupid to live) when it hits the fan, they'll still find an ambulance chaser to lay the blame on anyone nearby who may have known better.

I agree with less government in our lives. However, for the sake of discussion, suppose the child had panicked, held their breath while ascending, had an embolism & died. Should the parents then be held accountable?

It's a two way street. If the kid dies on the table during an abortion the government allowed over the parents' objections, can the parents hold the government accountable? Before anyone goes off on this, abortion isn't the issue, it's just an example. The issue is, are they the parents' or are they the government's?

For those who read Orwell's "Animal Farm," remember Jesse's puppies.

OK kodiak1961, where did you "hear" about this aledged incident. It amazes me how so many people will jump on an internet "story". Care to reveal your sources?

Are we criminals? Must be, judging by the mass populous here.

Not by me. I think some of what you do is great, some is stupid, but I'll defend to the death your right to raise YOUR kids as YOU wish.

We get to get outside and experience a world that is not padded, not covered in rainbows and puppy dog kisses.

AAAAHHHGGGHGHGHHHH!!! Dog germs!!!!!

My daughter, while having lunch at her school with her, would not say good bye to me because the teachers had dictated its quiet time and lips were sealed.

You need to look around at other kids a little. For every compliant kid like that, there are two who stay awake at night thinking of ways to break rules. I was one of those.

Why? Do you knock on car windows at intersections and lecture people about seatbelts?

Do you wander around the street joining in on conversations so you can add random useless rudeness or do you just confine your bubbling personality to the interwebs?

The solution is not to tell anyone you saw it, and get as far away as possible, because, even though the parents are being TSTL (too stupid to live) when it hits the fan, they'll still find an ambulance chaser to lay the blame on anyone nearby who may have known better.

Run like heck, and avoid personal risk. Don't invest yourself in your community, cuz they're all TSTL and will screw you if you try?

Who tinkled in your cheerios?

Lol ... attacking three people in three posts while contributing ... nothing. Nicely done. Kinda runs with another current SB thread about people violating the TOS by acting, well, like you just did.

Your cynicism and stated low regard for the OP, his family, and the issues he has to work through can't possibly result from anything he's posted ... but bfw ... insulting his children is just plain trashy. SO ... post reported. Hope you get a time out to reflect on proper interweb behaviour.

So you're a cop, I'm a fireman, 26 years. How many 16-19 year old bodies have you scraped off your highways due to parents wanting their children to "live life to the fullest" as psychocabbage puts it. Leasing a Lexus or buying a crotch rocket for little Johnny to show how much you love him,

Their kids, their choice, their pain.

then, 3 days later at 3 AM, YOU Mr. Police Officer, have to ring the parents bell to let them know little Johnny won't be coming home because he's wrapped around a tree somewhere.

If that bothers you, don't choose a career in public safety in a free country where people have choices. They have a choice, you have a choice, everyone make your choices and live with the results.

I dont understand parents like this childs mother. She has been diving for 20 years and still has not even given her daughter a chance to try something she is passionate about?

She's probably pretty passionate about sex, too. Should she get her 11 year old daughter a gigolo? Maybe she's passionate about a really good martini. Should she get the kid a bottle of Tanqueray?

She's entitled to her own ideas about what's age-appropriate.

Now I got you all going, here are the rest of the facts. This was OUR daughter, who was on vacation with her biological father and his parents. The biological father has had a positive meth test and two DUI's this year alone. Because of a long history of child endagerment and abuse, the biological father is only allowed to be around his daughter in a supervised setting.

OK, I already think he was stupid, and depending upon the details of your custody situation, it could be criminal, but let's stop and consider something about the ethics of the situation relative to your and your wife's concerns.

There's ample sociological data on risky behavior by youth from divorced homes to establish that, by the mere act of divorcing, your wife may have statistically exposed the child to far more risk than she faced from that single diving excursion. I'm not judging the circumstances; if the guy has been doing meth, I'm confident there was ample justification for leaving him, but the numbers don't care. Just food for thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom