Chicago Travel Show ticket until noon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
if you plan to go to Chicago Travel Show Feb 10,11 2018 weekend, and would like a free ticket, try promo code EVIPRTAN on the ticket selection screen.
This was sent to me by Roatan Dive charters and is good until Feb 8, noon.
Www.travelshows.com
Donald Stephens convention center

Last edited:
if you plan to go to Chicago Dive Show Feb 10,11 2018 weekend, and would like a free ticket, try promo code EVIPRTAN on the ticket selection screen.
Www.travelshows.com
Thanks.
That link appears to be for the Travel show a week prior to the Dive show (which also appears to be at a slightly different venue this year).
Dive show:
Chicago | Our World Underwater
:(
Unfortunately, I was unable to apply the coupon code there.

if you plan to go to Chicago Dive Show Feb 10,11 2018 weekend, and would like a free ticket, try promo code EVIPRTAN on the ticket selection screen.
Www.travelshows.com

Thank you but this is for the Adventure Travel show this weekend at the Stephen's Convention Center.

The Our World Underwater Chicago dive show is next weekend (Feb 17 & 18) at the Marriott O'Hare. The OWU show has been held at the Stephen's Center for years but this year they are in a new location, see the link below:

But they must include diving opportunities at the adventure travel show, especially if the Roatan dive charter sent the info to you.

If anyone has free tickets for the OWU show, I'd be interested, Thanks!

Thanks.
That link appears to be for the Travel show a week prior to the Dive show (which also appears to be at a slightly different venue this year).
Dive show:
:(
Unfortunately, I was unable to apply the coupon code there.
Sorry, I changed title and post from “Dive” to Travel” to correct my postings. Well, i am waiting for a free ticket to Boston area show, Well see if they promote it!

OWU Chicago at Marriott was a great show in an improved meeting venue. It's 5 minutes NE of the former location at Rosemont Expo.

Better, closer parking; soft carpeted floors; sound controlling low ceilings, all in all, a great improvement. Way better bar and really edible food...also a nice change.

First booth on the left was a local LDS that had Pat Hammer on display in the Paleolithic Zoo Display (they were eyeing me up as a companion piece).

I don't have a comparative accounting from year to year, but it seemed to still feature a wide representation of the hot travel destinations and the remaining local LDS (as far away is Indy) showing up with shiny metal bits. One was a triple space that was heavy on tech iron. As is the case in all retail dive show environments, the big corporate booths for hardware manufacturers were absent, also PADI & DAN, NAUI cert agencies, was a no show. Wet Wear, Helix and some others, too.

Still a good show, tough times notwithstanding.

Last edited:
We just got back from OWU Chicago and it was a great show, and they still give a $5 discount per person if you present your DAN card when buying your tickets!

I wish I had known that about the DAN card, but I bought my ticket on the Eventbrite app.

The triple space dive shop was probably DRIS. I was hanging out at the Double Action charter (DRIS' charter arm) later this afternoon, talking with the captain of their new boat that's going to be on Lake Huron this year. :D I ended up getting the unlimited season pass that covers the Lake Michigan and Lake Huron boats.

Back
Top Bottom