'Chica and the fish...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They say that once you've surfed, you can never look at waves again without imagining if it can be ridden. I believe that....And I also believe that once you've spear fished....nice pictures though.....

Mo2vation:
Sorry, man. But He just liked Claudette better. :mooner:

With her trim how could you not :D

Thanks for the pics Ken, the wounderful dive and putting my fins on :wink:

Wonderful pics. Thanks for posting.

I admit feeling the envy for not being there, although the fishie would probably still prefer chica over me to hang out with. :wink:

How extraordinary!

Thanks.

Mo2vation:
Lest we forget, Josh was with Claudette and I on the dive of dives. After hovering around with Claudette for a bit, he came over to check out Josh. A few minutes of circling Josh and he went back to Claudette for the rest of the dive.

---
Ken

One of the most important things I learned from this dive: Being on the sidelines when you could be in the game is never a good choice.
  • Sit on the shore... or have the dive of your life?
  • Throw back a drink... or drink in the moment?
  • Skip the last dive of the day... or go in one more time and never forget it?
To the people in our group who missed this amazing 56 minutes, I'm very sad for you. :(

Make the friggen dive and sleep on the boat on the way home.

I was one of those divers that sat this one out. As awesome as this experience was for you and the others that shared it I had an equally awesome time on shore. I was spending the day talking with people who I care about, enjoying the scenery, drinks, laughs, and good ol memories. So no need to feel sad for us…amazing opportunities come all the time…in the water and on shore.

Ana
Don’t forget diving is not the only thing in this world that makes people happy….its those you’re with that make the difference.

Mo2vation:
Lest we forget, Josh was with Claudette and I on the dive of dives. After hovering around with Claudette for a bit, he came over to check out Josh. A few minutes of circling Josh and he went back to Claudette for the rest of the dive.

---
Ken
:D ....but I watched that amazing creature inspect you, Ken, and your camera and strobes for many, many minutes. I DO think the reflective dome was attractive, as was my mask faceplate. I mean, he/she INSPECTED you and your camera!!

And then Josh got inspected... several times!

I noticed the fish came back to me when I lifted off the bottom (where I had settled so you could pan and shoot pictures over my head as the fish circled us.)

So I started to hover.

Then I noticed the intense eye contact, and the the fish moved to be parallel with me, at the same height off the bottom, eye to eye.

So I did that.

And suddenly I had a friend.

Again and again. If I changed my angle, the fish moved away slightly... and came back when I came to my senses and realigned.

Then I slowed my breathing and spent long periods NOT exhaling.
And I measured my fin motions to match the speed of the fish's pectoral and tail fins.

As in a dance, I learned how to follow and he/she led with grace.
This fish sought us out, followed us, and interacted with each of us over and over again.

I'm still amazed.

I loved watching everything this creature did, as well as loving the joy and appreciation so apparent in my gentle buddies.

Absolutely one of the peak experiences of my life, and I'm grateful beyond these pale words.

Claudette

Here's what was REALLY being said :wink: (creative caption editing)

Mo2vation:
63251626.vBc4l60s.jpg

Heyyyyy Baaaaaby!

63251909.2W9YiO2S.jpg

So, you dive here often?

63252555.w6IGT9IR.jpg

How about coming back to my place? (until she has about 150# in the can...)

63255144.9hiRp5L1.jpg

Fine, suit yourself. Just remember once you've had Bass you never go back.

I'm a baaaad baaaad rabbit :D
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Here's what was REALLY being said :wink: (creative caption editing)
I'm a baaaad baaaad rabbit :D
Ber :lilbunny:
omg, Ber, I'm dying of laughter!!! It was one of the most thrilling and amazing experiences I've EVER had underwater. But your captions are cracking me up something fierce! This fish was Very Friendly... and I wondered a few times what I must have looked like to it. This is certainly one option :D .
Thanks for the good laugh!
Claudette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom