Chewing tobacco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, the Swedish Surgeon General (not quite the same as in the US, but good enough) has changed the warning label on chewing tobacco as the evidence that it is carcinogenous isn't clear/solid/conclusive.
It will still wreck havoc in your mouth though.
Yup, I use it too. (I knew you would ask...)

Yes, nicotine in your system from any source is a poison. Good kicker in insecticides.

Haven't quit yet - yeah, I know I need to, but let's not go there right now. Anyway, on a plane, or on the way out to dive, I'll sometime suck on a Snuff Bandit, one of those little pouches - at least until I get the hiccups. Takes the edge off of nicotine withdrawal.

The dangerous part comes in when I forget to spit it out before diving. It's a little pouch, sitting quietly there between my check and my gum, and can be forgotten. Then I'll find myself swimming along at 40 feet, running thru one more mental list of what I just might have forgotten? "Oh yeah - the pouch! Don't wanta' suck that thing down my windpipe!" :voskl1:

Bob3:
Yep, been there.
No plug, leaf, or long cut, they can get stuck in the exhaust valve & hold it open.
Fine cut you can at least flush the stuff out.
Had that happen on my DESCO once, the tender could hear water sloshing inside my hat but I wouldn't tell him what was going on. :54:
Never would've heard the end of it.

I bet!

Annother argument for maintaining your own gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom