chest pain and hard to breathe, I need some help here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reason I'm asking is that, if that's the case, aren't we all just pretty much hound dogs barking up the same (vascular) tree, so to speak?

Maybe we are all in Violent Agreement!

My position was unchanged, it's what I always said in all posts. Perhaps now that I have taken the time to give my radiological reasons maybe you/some/all will agree.

OP is in a high risk category now, in the highest risk area of the country (staistaclly speaking) and deserves all the tender lovin diagnostics that we have, plus as a Vet, I think he deserves.

Maybe we are all in Violent Agreement!

My position was unchanged, it's what I always said in all posts. Perhaps now that I have taken the time to give my radiological reasons maybe you/some/all will agree.

OP is in a high risk category now, in the highest risk area of the country (staistaclly speaking) and deserves all the tender lovin diagnostics that we have, plus as a Vet, I think he deserves.

Rgr. You were making your points about CT with quite a bit of enthusiasm and I had a hard time picking out what was argument/counterargument and what was actual clinical opinion. Your last post was much more clear and seemingly in line with what everyone else been saying, with the advantage that you've actually laid trained eyes on retnav's scan. I'm well familiar with the demographics of his location - the food's the same here. Believe it or not, the Duke Hospital cafeteria serves fried chicken livers from time to time. I'm also retired Navy and very glad to hear someone advocating for veterans.

Reactions: Jax
I apologize if the "low-level ER doc with a new hobby" comment wasn't meant for me. It sure sounded like it.

I think everybody wants patients like this to get a timely and appropriate evaluation. The sad fact is that patients working through different systems, or with different insurances, or sometimes just with different doctors, will have an easier or harder time getting what they need. The VA system, sadly enough, can be very difficult to negotiate (I have to deal with VA patients from time to time, so I'm familiar with trying to get through the system to get them what they have to have . . . and it ain't easy, even for me, as a doctor.) But I've seen patients in the private systems whose physicians don't recognize their symptoms or don't take them seriously; the ER is the court of last resort for a lot of those people, and it's my job to make sure nobody with life-threatening disease leaves my department without appropriate diagnosis and treatment.

In general, I'd be willing to say that most ER docs have a much lower threshhold for extensive testing and hospitalization than the average physician of any other sort. We have a litigation Sword of Damocles hanging over our necks every time we go in a room -- we never forget that.

Ok everyone, I really don't want all of the fighting,bickering going on because it will stop people from posting on here. Trust me when I say without ALL of you I really don't know what COULD have happened. I would not have known to bitch and moan to the VA without you. I honestly thought that it was my stomach or esophagus as per the doctors. All of you have given me great advice and as I have said before I may not have been here without ALL of you. It is alot to take in and then its up to the indivdual to take the information All of you have provided and do something with it. I became a SB supporter because of each and everyone of you. As far as I am concerned I more than likely may not be here today if it were not for ALL of you. Like I said in a previous post I will get the disc and post it and or send it to whomever that wants to see it. Bottom line in all of it is that WE ALL NEED Everyone to read and post here that way it HELPS ALL OF US. Enjoy everyone and I will update you just as soon as I go to the Doc on the 13th.

Well said retnav, advice received and taken.

Duke, funny(but not funny) about the chicken livers. Makes me think of a certain, to be unamed, hospital in the south where the Cafeteria is actually a McDonalds!

TSM agree with all your recent points. I plan to write a book on the subject re the inequalities of recieving a diagnosis and how the average person can overcome this hurdle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin Home
not as some low level ER doc with a new found hobby
Not cool, mate. Kindly keep it professional. Insults don't benefit anyone and detract from intellectual and clinical discourse.-duke dive

Are you kidding? This is the Internet. Someone sets a fire and someone else pops out for another 3.5 gal of gas. Medical advice on an Internet BBS and you don't expect some turbulence? Just let it slide.

Are you kidding? This is the Internet. Someone sets a fire and someone else pops out for another 3.5 gal of gas. Medical advice on an Internet BBS and you don't expect some turbulence? Just let it slide.

This happened almost three weeks ago. If you're hoping to be the bearer of the gasoline, the fire's already out.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom