Checking Regulator on Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have carried my reg and mask in a back pack many times. Safe and secure! Equipment has always been inspected closely but I have been allowed to carry it on. Thanks for the TSA letter, I will add it to back pack just in case!

Interestingly, regardless of regulations, TSA personnel also have the right to refuse to allow any item to be refused in carry-on, for any reason.

Web Monkey:
You could nicely tell them that the TSA specifically allows you to bring your reg on the plane.

Terry
Or, you could turn to the agent and say, "Listen dude, your next step in the job market is taking my order at Taco Bell, so get your meaty, sweaty paws off my regulator and get back to going through peoples under-ware like you were trained to do."

:11:

... or not... :D

Rick Inman:
Or, you could turn to the agent and say, "Listen dude, your next step in the job market is taking my order at Taco Bell, so get your meaty, sweaty paws off my regulator and get back to going through peoples under-ware like you were trained to do."

For the return flight home, I always pack my filthy stuff right on top of everything of value. I figure if they're gonna go though it, they're gonna earn it. :wink: I expecially like the set of clothes that made it through 3 planes, 4 airports and 14 hours of flying. Just let them incubate in the corner of the high humidity hotel room and they're good and ripe for the trip home. :11ztongue Ken :42:

I dont mind any extra airport security. I carry my comuter and reg in a carry on bag. If they do go thru it it just takes a min and often we hear "ohhhhh I always wanted to scuba dive" and the conversation just takes off from there :)

A bunch of the TSA boys have been arrested in Honolulu for running a theft ring!

ScubaTwo:
I dont mind any extra airport security. I carry my comuter and reg in a carry on bag. If they do go thru it it just takes a min and often we hear "ohhhhh I always wanted to scuba dive" and the conversation just takes off from there :)

havaiisteve:
A bunch of the TSA boys have been arrested in Honolulu for running a theft ring!

they dont have you standing right there when they check your carry on? they always make us watch them unpack and repack it.

I'll add I also carry on my prescription mask - my primary. My backup gets checked. Renting a mask is not an option for me.

I should have been clearer...they also go through the luggage comming in and going out. There isn't anybody watching them in the baggage handling area.

ScubaTwo:
they dont have you standing right there when they check your carry on? they always make us watch them unpack and repack it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom