Check serial number for warranty on Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just send an email too - info@shearwater.com with the S/N of your computer and they will get you an answer right away on the manufactured date.

Cheers,

Curt
That's exactly what I was suggesting. Unless one has the purchase receipt, the only other way to get accurate info on warranty status would be from Shearwater. I can't imagine having faith in any other sources, especially if deciding the value of an item based on remaining warranty. To each his own, though...

I wasn't looking for other sources. I was hoping someone knew a Shearwater link - not all links are shown on a website - that one could input the serial number and it would show history.

Geez, I can look up any gift card and see the balance. It's an exceedingly simple action that a college kid could write in 30 minutes. This is a technology company. But it appears that email is the best option. Sending one out now.

Thanks to all.

Wow. I am mind blown. Unlike any past experience I've had sending messages using a company's Contact Us form.

Sent an email right after the above post, received a response 20 minutes later from VP Sales and Marketing with month/year date of purchase and no record of being serviced.

Kudos to Shearwater customer service!

Wow. I am mind blown. Unlike any past experience I've had sending messages using a company's Contact Us form.

Sent an email right after the above post, received a response 20 minutes later from VP Sales and Marketing with month/year date of purchase and no record of being serviced.

Kudos to Shearwater customer service!
Thanks for sharing that experience - I love my Shearwaters and this reconfirms how customer-focused they are.

Told ya' :wink:

Seriously though, Shearwater is one of the best in the business. If it were any other company we all would have said good luck. Fortunately Shearwater is not any other company.

And for your future information, Curt McNamee, the guys that posted earlier in the thread, is the US service rep for Shearwater. So if you have a problem with it, you'll send it to him. Good dude, knows his stuff.

Thanks everyone.

She has decided to buy brand new from an authorized dealer. So it's a moot point, at least for now, as I'll probably get jealous and want one, too. I'm much more the type to search for a good used deal and she's more the type to spend the extra bucks and go to a dealer.

Thanks everyone.

She has decided to buy brand new from an authorized dealer. So it's a moot point, at least for now, as I'll probably get jealous and want one, too. I'm much more the type to search for a good used deal and she's more the type to spend the extra bucks and go to a dealer.

I can already tell you that you WILL get jealous so you might as well gird up your loins (and savings) for that expenditure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom