Check out these Vintage Divers at Weeki Wachee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great stuff, Doug. Mike Nelson would be proud. All you need is a big dive knife to slice the exhale side and make lots of bubbles come up! Underwater Giant Octopus fight! Sorry, got off topic! Thanks for sharing.

We were at Ginnie Springs when they met there on Friday March 28. One of my students had expressed an interest in double hose regs during class. When Herman mentioned they would be at Ginnie the same time we would I asked if he would allow my student to dive his reg and he was kind enough to agree. I kept it a secret from Matt until Herman greeted me by the steps as we exited from our first dive :eyebrow:

Herman, thank you so much for showing all of us your gear and for trusting a diver with less than 10 dives with your regulator! Here are the pictures I promised!
Ber :lilbunny:

Those are some wacky lookin rebreathers!

Doug, any reason you interspersed photos of these divers with photos of Peacocks? :)

I remember those,that's just a shroud covering the tank.......it matched the white legs!

We have been meeting in Central Florida as a group now for five years and diving various venues. Most of the guys including myself combine the ralley with other diving along the way.

Ber Rabbit, I believe that Stan was one of your group, I dove with him the second dive on the Oriskany after his buddy became ill and he had not gotten me to sign his log book until he ran into me at Ginnie that Friday.

Vintage divers explore an overhang:

P3280117.jpg

This might be Stan on the Oriskany:

IMG_0073.jpg

Or perhaps here, got out of sequence on my photos since I had two cameras:

IMG_0093.jpg

N

It was my pleasure Ber, thanks for the photos. Always happy to help a new diver (and maybe a new vintage diver). It was fun watching him grin with the double hose in his mouth. For those who noticed that LP and HP connections are not normally found on this reg, it has been modified to accept both HP and LP connections for "modern" attachements like LP inflators, HP gauges and octos. Not exactly purely vintage but it gives me the best of both worlds when purely vintage diving is not needed or desired.

Ber Rabbit, I believe that Stan was one of your group, I dove with him the second dive on the Oriskany after his buddy became ill and he had not gotten me to sign his log book until he ran into me at Ginnie that Friday.

Vintage divers explore an overhang:

P3280117.jpg

This might be Stan on the Oriskany:

IMG_0073.jpg

N

"Stan" sounds like Ken :D He's NotsoKen here on the board. Unfortunately I can't see photobucket pictures here at work so I don't know if that's a photo of him:( I do believe he said he buddied with a double hose diver though. Steve_dives from here on the board was his buddy that skipped the second dive on that trip.

So Ken finds you at Ginnie and doesn't bother to introduce us? (where's that foot tapping smiley when you need it LOL!)
Ber :lilbunny:

Oops, sorry, that is one of the problem with not keeping a log book, I meet so many and dive with so many it all runs together. The pics on the O are not so good. Well, we could have put him and others in the water with vintage gear but when he asked me to sign his book we had just arrived and were getting sorted out and then y'all were gone. Amazing how a day passes so fast when your lugging and rigging and messing with dive gear and waddling around in it. Well, at least the fellow who wanted to try a double hose got to.

Erie tannic water overspreads a spring as a frogman approaches:

P3280160.jpg

Fellow frogman:

P3280132.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom