Question Cheaper FFM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This Troll-bot is going to get his own thread closed by moderators. Again.
Oh do grow up. What would be the point in closing a sensible discussion? Oh I see, the mods have a different opinion. Did I dare to go against safety? Pathetic girls the lot of you. BTW, the other thread that was closed, I got the last word in , stupid moderators didn't think of that did they? I shall continue to live dangerously, I shall continue to have more fun than you, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Oh dear. Average IQ in Florida is 98.8. TWO digits! (Pssst, the third digit is a decimal place).

Oh do grow up. What would be the point in closing a sensible discussion? Oh I see, the mods have a different opinion. Did I dare to go against safety? Pathetic girls the lot of you. BTW, the other thread that was closed, I got the last word in , stupid moderators didn't think of that did they? I shall continue to live dangerously, I shall continue to have more fun than you, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Wow. Just. Wow.

Coverage is important, so is complications. I wouldn't be seen dead in a wimpsuit. Not sure why people feel the need to be warm. Shivering feels good!
Thanks for answering, I' trying to understand this naked diving speciality. How many dive are required to get my cert? Are the dives required to be in cold water? I am a little wimpy.

Thanks for answering, I' trying to understand this naked diving speciality. How many dive are required to get my cert? Are the dives required to be in cold water? I am a little wimpy.
I can't understand why people are comfortable wrapped in a tight rubber suit. Is that some kind of sexual fetish? Scuba diving, surfing, etc, etc are WATERsports. Why would you go in water then try to keep dry?

I don't understand people's aversion to the cold. It's not painful. Shivering feels good, and is no worse than sweating, yet people are happy to go running mid summer and pour with sweat. In fact sweating can dehydrate - very bad for you, but shivering burns 1000s of calories, making you less fat and boosting your immune system.
Perhaps the problem is not the thread...
The problem is the moderators, they're obviously bots as evidenced by their exceedingly low intelligence. What would possess anyone to want to become a moderator? It must be the same power hungry tendency as wanting to become a politician. And look where that gets us.

I can't understand why people are comfortable wrapped in a tight rubber suit. Is that some kind of sexual fetish? Scuba diving, surfing, etc, etc are WATERsports. Why would you go in water then try to keep dry?

I don't understand people's aversion to the cold.
Since this thread has long eclipsed the ad absurdum stage, after what I had thought was, initially, a legitimate question -- and not some idle trolling from a mother's basement -- here goes:

The "tight rubber suit" is only a sexual fetish, if accompanied by a zipper-mouthed gimp mask. I thought that that was clearly understood by all of us -- like sporting a suit and tie; and it's not simply an aversion to cold, but also a practical defense against banging against the rocks in rough waters (I've torn the daylights out of a few suits -- injuries which would have gone to the bone had I just worn a Speedo in 8˚C water); nasty cnidarians, some of whose stinging can prove fatal; and to lessen the chance of developing DCS, which was long thought to be associated, not only with dehydration, but with hypothermic conditions as well . . .

Since this thread has long eclipsed the ad absurdum stage, after what I had thought was, initially, a legitimate question -- and not some idle trolling from a mother's basement -- here goes:

It IS a legitimate question. I DO dive without the health and softy nonsense.

The "tight rubber suit" is only a sexual fetish, if accompanied by a zipper-mouthed gimp mask. I thought that that was clearly understood by all of us;

Er no.... I don't wish to be clamped inside a suit of rubber.

and it's not so much an aversion to cold,
Yes it is, I see it all the time, people who think chilly water kills you somehow.

as a practical defense against banging against the rocks (I've torn the daylights out of a few suits, which would surely have gone to the bone had I worn a Speedo);

Why are you so clumsy? Maybe you should use your arms to swim more accurately as I do.

nasty cnidarians, some of whose stinging can prove fatal;

Don't dive in such harsh environments. I'd stick a suit on if I was diving to salvage nuclear waste. But I wouldn't deliberately go to such a place without being paid. Animals harmful to humans should be made extinct.

and to lessen the chance of developing DCS, which was long thought to be associated, not only dehydration, but with hypothermic conditions as well . . .

No, it's to do with pressure. There is no reason a warm blooded mammal would care what temperature it's surroundings were.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom