Cheap way to download logs to pc for the puck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tried dive pal and I see this. .. it just sits like this.
yma7e5uh.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 12:58 AM ----------

Can someone suggest what's the best dive logging software for pc other than diving log 5.0 and dive pal?

Need to download from dc before next trip in 4 days. Thanks!

Hi

In Diving Log 5.0, click the menu "File > Download > Downloader" or from the sidebar (you already found the correct dialog). Then select the manufacturer and computer model. The "IRIS/DRAK" import is for file based import from the manufacturer logbook software.

For your timeout problem: You probably selected the wrong port number. Please try a different port, the default one is not always the right one. The timeout error means your dive computer cannot be found or is not responding. Does the download work with the manufacturer software? Does this computer have to be switched to a special PC-Mode?

Try to install the Mares Dive Organizer software, which will install the correct drivers and enables that Diving Log can talk to your dive computer.

Kind regards,
Sven

Tried dive pal and I see this. .. it just sits like this.
yma7e5uh.jpg

It looks like the PC can't find the port.
Did you install the Mares drivers? Check out this video

[video=youtube;YmrNGOpzQVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmrNGOpzQVQ[/video]

Are you putting the Puck in PC mode first?
Yeah as per Video that Divenav pointed out ( I was following that y'day too in youtube). The light goes green when I connect to PC. Then after a while turns off. I connect to DC in PC mode and click import/download and it goes red and nothing happens. ( same issue in both divepal and diving log 5.0)

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 03:00 PM ----------

Success at last. This time I used mares Dive organizer software that had the drivers etc to download from computer. Downloaded all 15 records that I had in there and in the PC I added Comments, Dive note et cetera.

So ... my understanding is that I can import this pc drak log file that is saved under Dive organizer, into other software like diving log, Dive pal? Am I correct ?the PC version has the latest comments so I would love to preserve this .

I'm assuming I can also import this latest version into dive mate in my droid.

Thanks for all ur input. God bless.

4ymu3uju.jpg
6uty6e7e.jpg

Last edited:
Hi miserkris, I'm glad the downloading works now! Now that the Dive Organizer had installed the required drivers, the downloading should also work with 3rd party programs directly (make sure to test all COM ports). You can also import the Dive Organizer logbook file into Diving Log by using the "Mares DiveOranizer" import from the import section. From Diving Log you can sync to DiveMate on your Android device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom