Cheap way to download logs to pc for the puck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again i will recommend DiveMate if you have a smartphone. It works flawlessly and exports to divelog5 if you wish.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk

Again i will recommend DiveMate if you have a smartphone. It works flawlessly and exports to divelog5 if you wish.

Hi
Now problem is I don't have that cable adapter for my droid. See pic. Is it something that I can get from a local store instead of having to wait for mail order?
Thx
aveta8y6.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yep. Check your locals electronics stores for an OTG 'on the go' cable. I have seen them on shelves for 5 bucks or so.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 08:39 PM ----------

Walmart USA. $5.88 according to their website

Yep. Check your locals electronics stores for an OTG 'on the go' cable. I have seen them on shelves for 5 bucks or so.

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 08:39 PM ----------

Walmart USA. $5.88 according to their website

I will check radio shack tomorrow.
You mind telling me steps for downloading logs using dive mate usb (scuba diving log. ..already downloaded in Samsung galaxy s3 (droid)). Thanks.

On the main screen in DiveMate, there is a FILE IMPORT option (mine is in the menu button of my galaxy s3, and top right corner of my nexus7) for dives currently contained in divelog5 or whatever, you need to copy them onto your microSD first. (it will be a .sql file exported from divelog5)
From there you should just select the .sql from the microSD card, and the app looks after the rest.

You do not need to import these before any future dives, since the app lets you alter the dive number at any time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks ronnix will do that tomorrow.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 12:29 AM ----------

I managed to download the driver from mares.

Now with the pc diving log 5.0 it says dc status timeout when I try to download. ... from clicking download, downloader, choosing mares puck, port is com5 by default.

Then the dc beeps and displays a count down and numbers flash and stops.

Why is this? See pics thanks.
a2eny4u2.jpg

e4yqu6en.jpg

If i recall, you need to select some option specific to the mares. 'DRAK' should be in a dropdown menu somewhere off the main window

If i recall, you need to select some option specific to the mares. 'DRAK' should be in a dropdown menu somewhere off the main window

Didn't see drak....I see this. Let me try mares dcds2.1
nu6y4epu.jpg

IRIS / DRAK

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 09:50 PM ----------

I think we are on a red herring... just reinstalled divelog 5. And i cant get anything to work! Maybe it is time to email the developers?

Back
Top Bottom