cheap underwater slave strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll second f3nikon's reccomendation for the Ike SubStrobe 50 MS. A bulletproof slave, mine have never flooded (wow!). Impossible to kill and a nice small package.

All the best, James

why go to the trouble?
if you're refering to the ike ds-50, that costs £280 new over here!

say i were to bid on the strobe on ebay and win it at the starting price of $50 (unlikely i think you'd agree), by the time i add on the ridiculous shipping costs that seem to be charged to get stuff across the pond, then add on import duty and vat (which our government will kindly levy) then it all gets a little expensive.
so, £40 / $70 for a complete homegrown one that will work with whatever i throw at it doesn't seem that bad.

besides which, i (like a lot of brits) like putting junk like this together. that's why i've built my own o2 analyser, dive computer interface, hacked the ys50 to be digital compatible and change my own computer batteries ;-)

Back
Top Bottom